Registering as a VBBC member is a great way to meet other experienced and/or new beekeepers. Our monthly meetings provide an educational program with guest speakers and an open forum with group for discussion about what other beekeepers are experiencing within their apiaries.
Your $30 yearly VBBC membership also includes these benefits:
- Opportunities to experience honeybees and the beehive before committing to beekeeping
- Beekeeping Courses for beekeepers at all levels of experience
- A mentorship program to support new beekeepers to become successful
- Opportunities to participate in local and regional beekeeping events
- A honeybee swarm removal program for members to get an opportunity to save honeybees and expand your apiary
- Use of club property to help beginning and experienced beekeepers from needing to purchase expensive equipment
- Access to events and resources to aid in selling honey and hive products
- A Nuc program to provide access to local nucleus hives to promote using the local honeybees versus packaged bees
- Quantity discounts on group orders of beekeeping equipment and queen bees
- Social events throughout the year
- An individual or family VBBC membership is $30 per year.
- An optional membership in the Virginia State Beekeepers Association is an additional $10.
We are open to the public and welcome anybody with an interest in honey bees, whether you are currently a
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the Virginia Beach Beekeepers Club. If you are a new member you can click the “Join Us!” button below to complete the membership application process.
If you are already a member and want to renew your membership please login to your profile.
The VBBC meets on the first Monday of each month at 6:30 PM at Croc's 19th Street Bistro located at 620 19th Street, Virginia Beach, VA 23451.(click here for directions).
Meetings are very informal, lasting 1½ to 2 hours. Each meeting begins with an open forum to discuss what is currently happening in the hives, a guest speaker with an educational presentation, a 10 to 15 minute break and a business meeting open to the public. Our members hail from the Virginia Beach and Chesapeake areas. Our members are beginning beekeepers and experienced beekeeping mentors ready to assist anyone wishing to get started in beekeeping.